Re: Devising a schema for accessibility testing

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 23:16:58 +0100 (BST)
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
cc: <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>

On Sun, 30 Jun 2002, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> How do you envisage adding tests that apply to free text? xml:PCDATA might be
> an option I guess. likewise for mime types...

Sorry, my last reply gave a politicians answer to that one:-(

In the sample posted, I defined the object of the test definition
as a collection of things like

Valet also uses tests on <html:attribute> - for example, on encountering a
color attribute it applies a test hasPeerAttr to check that a background
is also specified.  It could just as well apply to anything else in an
html: namespace, or - perhaps better - a dom: namespace.  That includes
text and cdata nodes, etc.

Generalising a bit further, if the subject of the tests isn't markup,
then neither is the object of the test spec.  So if we want to apply
a test definition language more widely, we will have to allow
something else in our object.  Seems fine to me.

What would Hixie need to use for CSS tests?

--
Nick Kew

Available for contract work - Programming, Unix, Networking, Markup, etc.