Re: EARL and locating a problem...

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 09:47:44 -0000
To: "Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@w3.org>, "WAI ER group" <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>

"Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@w3.org>
> during the meeting we discussed the question of whether earl should
provide a
> pointer to where it finds a specific problem within a page, or whether
it is
> better to write earl statements about objects within a page, and then
> describe the page as a collection of objects that do or don't meet a
given
> set of requirements.

My own view is not against the idea of providing a failurePoint or
whatever, but that the scope of "where it has failed" is too general to
be in EARL, I think it needs to be an extension, we can hang anything off
of the resultProperty, but information that locates where in a xml
document it fails or elsewhere is too specific to be in core EARL.

So I guess my problem can be solved if you can tell me what would it look
like in a few of our use cases?

Jim.