Re: Automatically testing Web content for flicker

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 09:35:17 -0400
To: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org

>>BTW, is this now a WCAG issue?
>it's always been a WCAG issue.  It's a WCAG 1.0 checkpoint [1] and thus
>incorporated into WCAG 2.0 [2].  I sent the question to this list since
>WCAG is trying to figure out methods to test to add to our success

I meant that it is an issue to have this unnecessary checkpoint in WCAG.
My point, and I think Nick's, was that it should not be in WCAG, and we
should not be trying to find methods to test to add to the WCAG success
criteria because it is not a content responsibility.  Flicker is handled by
the display's __mhz and the browser - so there is no requirement on the

Please understand that photosensitive epilepsy is a real issue, but it
doesn't belong in WCAG.

Phill Jenkins
IBM Research Division - Accessibility Center