Re: user tools

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:03:11 -0600
To: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org
I wouldn't add it.  I don't consider it an accessibility tool.  It's not
transforming or filtering anything .  It's more like turning off JavaScript
or other settings in the browser. The question to ask is: "Can a user with
a disability now use the site with this tool without breaking necessary
functionality?"  Perhaps it could be part of user agents - or add-ons to
compliment user agents so they can meet UAAG.  Tools are used by developers
and content providers, browsers and plug-ins are used by consumers.

Phill Jenkins,  (512) 838-4517
IBM Research Division - Accessibility Center
11501 Burnet Rd,  Austin TX  78758    http://www.ibm.com/able