Re: Discussion: How to weight different accessibility warnings?

At 1:49 AM +0000 2/6/02, Nick Kew wrote:
>For example, presentational HTML will generate
>a message "Use CSS for layout and presentation" at WCAG-AA or higher.
>(http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/#tech-style-sheets), but the "border"
>attribute is low-confidence (IMO it's not really harmful and it
>does have legit. uses as a browser workaround) while other
>presentational things will generate higher-confidence warnings.

Do you also check the CSS to see if the markup is redundant?  I don't
think that redundant presentational HTML should be considered an
accessibility error for cases like @border or the color attributes
on <body>.  As you say, it's a valid browser workaround. Which
presentational markup is considered harmful even if CSS is used?

--Kynn

Next Book: Teach Yourself CSS in 24       http://cssin24hours.com