Re: data expression of date information

From: John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 23:44:46 -0500 (EST)
To: asgilman@iamdigex.net (Al Gilman)
Cc: jcowan@reutershealth.com (John Cowan), wendy@w3.org (Wendy A Chisholm), w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org

Al Gilman scripsit:

> The resolution is that the place and local time is sufficent as a policy for
> how to rendezvous, and it is a rendezvous policy that is what goes in a
> plan, *not* necessarily an _unambiguous_ *time* reference.

True.  But as a surrogate for the place, the ADO time zone may well serve,
because it is a spatial unit that has had the same time offset history
since the epoch (1970-01-01); furthermore, it in no case crosses national
boundaries.

> The offset
> policy of the civil authority will be definitized in time to accomplish the
> rendezvous transaction of both being at the agreed meeting point at the same
> time.

Indeed.

--
"In my last lifetime,                           John Cowan
I believed in reincarnation;                    http://www.ccil.org/~cowan