R.I.P.

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 07:23:11 -0700
To: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org
My understanding is that this group will become a "mail drop" wherein ideas
for Evaluation and Repair tools are forwarded to the appropriate Working
Groups - specifically Authoring Tools, Content (at least for a while ;->)
), and mostly Quality Assurance. The latter is actually hoped to be
W3C-wide and not just for Accessibility-type tools.

If this is a reasonably accurate assessment, it might behoove us to have an
agenda for Wednesday's F2F that reflects that.

I propose a "call for tools" which essentially gathers a compendium of wish
lists that will provide for enablement of various W3C undertakings - much
like what is intended by RDF-IG and SW groups. Whenever something like
XPath appears there seems to be a need for, e.g. a geek-to-English
translation so that somebody besides the WG members can figure out what's
up and "but how do I use XLink/XForms/RDF on my Website?"

I have to build a pen from my soon-to-arrive Alpacas, but I'll still be
able to answer the voluminous responses to this proposal.

--
Love.
EACH UN-INDEXED/ANNOTATED WEB POSTING WE MAKE IS TESTAMENT TO OUR HYPOCRISY