Re: [w3c-wai-er-ig] <none>

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 19:17:26 +0100 (BST)
To: Jim Ley <jim@e-media.co.uk>
cc: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Jim Ley wrote:

> Hi,

> As just posted to wai-ua-gl list, I've published a tool which tests a
> page for various
> script elements, currently it looks at automatic redirects, automatic
> windows opening, informs about content written by document.write, a first
> look at using device independant event handlers with onmouseover, and
> warns about the javascript: pseudo protocol.

That looks like a useful little tool, and it's filling a niche that's
historically not well-served.  Well done!

Are you planning to integrate it with the validator scripts?
They would appear to complement each other quite well.

> All comments, feedback would be most welcome.  An example report can be
> found at http://jibbering.com/accessibility/report.html - as I say the
> actual text etc. is likely wrong, I was concentrating on testing various
> techniques, of monitoring what the script is doing.

I've not tried it with MSIE, but I like what I see in the sample report.

--
Nick Kew

Site Valet - the essential service for anyone with a website.
<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>