Fwd: read ahead on related activities for Brighton

From: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 18:13:45 -0400
To: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org
>Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 17:57:19 -0400
>To: w3c-wai-pf@w3.org
>From: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
>Subject: minutes from 24 Sept 2001
>
>Summary of action items and resolutions:

>- Action: AG  write up some things that may be shared in public so people
>can read ahead as much as possible.

The two external activities that have been absorbing a lot of my attention are
the Global Grid Forum and the U.S. group known as NCITS V2.  The attached
notes
are a ramble through why we should care about these activities and take pains
to collaborate with them.  I haven't been fully selective with the background
links, but the ACE Grid planning notes and the Trace page on V2 are probably
the cites I would suggest you visit if no others.

Maybe Dave Pawson can talk just a bit about the finalization of the DAISY/NISO
digital talking book standard.  It's actually a rich source of examples at a
very detailed level which are informative for the nit-diddly job of reforming
HTML.

Al