Re: Brighton F2f

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 06:45:32 -0700
To: dd@w3.org, w3c-wai-pf@w3.org
Cc: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org
At 03:16 PM 9/19/01 +0200, Daniel Dardailler wrote:
>I'd like to know, in light of the recent events, if more people are
>expected to come, or less

In EO we discussed at length the upcoming enormous influx of effort into
"cyber-conferencing" and the role of W3C therein.

I know the resources are thin, but unless the inevitable surge of virtual
meetings is inclusive insofar as accessibility is concerned (let's not call
it "video conferencing" please), we will have missed a huge opportunity. To
retrofit the current spate of "distance learning" undertakings is going to
be a nightmare and for that to be needed in the case of the "airline
substitution system" will be tragic.

An important W3C undertaking is to have some positions on the nature of
these systems and to provide leadership in *doing* something about them
instead of merely *saying* how great it will be some day.

--
Love.
EACH UN-INDEXED/ANNOTATED WEB POSTING WE MAKE IS TESTAMENT TO OUR HYPOCRISY