Re: Validation as EARL

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Nick Kew wrote:
  On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

  > Well, I would like to do a couple of things. The first is to chain it up to
  > an N3 to XML converter,

  Ahem - did you read the page?  The validator is generating XML to start
  with: the EARL is generated by filtering it through XSLT!

Yep, but I meant RDF XML syntax instead of N3 syntax. (there are online
conversion services available to do this - Sean probably has a URI to hand).

  >	 and the second is to store some data on test cases,
  > fix them and see how we go about comparing two csequential reports.

  I'll be interested to see what that looks like.  It sounds like
  precisely the kind of thing to help judge whether the EARL reports
  are going to be useful in the real world.

I think it looks like two sets of reports that have some conflicting
statements about the same objects. They would also differ in author and date.

  > The other second thing I would like to do is to hook it up to the Annotea
  > system for storing the information, and then play with the threading of
  > reports in Annotea.

  Another one I'll be interested in ...

This is really a mechanism for doing the previous task, but it is in
development - I believe the next version of Amaya will have a working user
interface to play with it.

  > The other second thing is to collect other information that has some overlap,
  > and then to squish the data together and se what we can do.

  - and that's a direction I'm looking to go in myself!

  OK, if you are pursuing these projects, just let me know when you are
  about to reach the point where something will break if my stuff changes,
  and we'll see to it that you can have something stable to work with.
  In the meantime, I still need your comments on the reports I'm generating,
  as the format and contents of these will very likely be subject to
  change as I get to understand the things better.

Well, since I am looking to chain online services together, changing the URI
will break my bookmarkelts I am assuming that (modulo temporary bugs) the
output will continue to be available as RDF in N3, so I can use a service to
convert from (say) EARL 0.95 to EARL 1.0

cheers

Chaals