Re: My first EARL client..

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Jim Ley wrote:

> "Nick Kew":
> > OK, now fixed.  'Twas a simple bug.
>
> So there was nothing invalid about my DTD or page?

You already knew the "stable" validator said that.

> > I've also added a third option, to generate HTML reports.
> > Barring further bugs, this could become the spiffiest validator yet,
> > with integrated WAI/WCAG report :-)
>
> Looks very good, of course the inclusion of beta(alpha?) quality script,
> shows it's a beta service :-)

The word you were looking for is "experimental" - and basically means
"what I'm hacking on just now".  Quite apart from anything else, the
present script eats far too much of my poor little server's resources
to put it anywhere it's going to get "general" traffic.  And I know
there are still bugs to work out.

> (For what it does I see no need for any inline script, and the external
> script being maybe 1/10th of the size of that one.)

The external script is the best approximation to a generic "manipulate
CSS properties dynamically" script.

--
Nick Kew

Site Valet - the essential service for anyone with a website.
<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>