Re: Web Accessibility Report Tool

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 10:54:42 +0000 (GMT)
To: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
cc: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org
On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, William Loughborough wrote:

> At 02:45 PM 1/29/01 +0000, Nick Kew wrote:
> >If anyone would like a more detailed proposal
>
> Beyond that, it seems that your participation in the WG would be a big plus
> for accessibility.
>
> We need all the help we can get!

Thanks.

A few weeks ago I went through the motions of expressing an interest
in joining the WG, and had a very brief reply from Daniel Dardailler
welcoming me.  Since then I've discovered a problem I didn't quite
anticipate: the weekly telecons are scheduled as 90 minutes at peak-
time international call rates, and I simply can't afford to do that
on a regular or semi-regular basis.

But I am willing and able to help with the development of WAI/ER
tools, if that can be arranged, and if this group really is
more receptive to offers of help than for instance the Validator
(to which I have offered various things in the past; most recently
a fix for a bug that has been discussed on www-validator before
now, and which Liam had up-and-running in the WDG validator within
about an hour of my announcing it).

Some of the Site Valet software could fairly easily be re-used
to automate a range of checks in the WART (and I daresay some of
Bobby could be used to similar effect).  So it would seem to make
sense for me to take a look at it.

--
Nick Kew