Re: Some tools...

From: Leonard R. Kasday <kasday@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:11:30 -0500
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>, WAI ER group <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>
This group (ER) only maintains a list of evaluation and repair tools, not a
list of general accessibility tools.

One source of general AT info is the Abledata database at

http://www.abledata.com/Site_2/assistiv.htm

Trace has links to more listings, see e.g.
http://trace.wisc.edu/world/computer_access/

What do folks think?  Shall we add these to ER?  Or is it better a part of
say EO?  Are these the best links?  We don't want to have duplicate listings.

Len

At 08:35 PM 1/12/01 -0500, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>Does this group collect information about general accessibility tools, or
>does it have a referenc to somewhere that does? (alternative keyboard stuff,
>etc...)
>
>Charles
>
>--
>Charles McCathieNevile    mailto:charles@w3.org    phone: +61 (0) 409 134 136
>W3C Web Accessibility Initiative                      http://www.w3.org/WAI
>Location: I-cubed, 110 Victoria Street, Carlton VIC 3053, Australia
>until 6 January 2001 at:
>W3C INRIA, 2004 Route des Lucioles, BP 93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex,
>France

Institute on Disabilities/UAP and Dept. of Electrical Engineering at Temple
University
(215) 204-2247 (voice)                 (800) 750-7428 (TTY)
http://astro.temple.edu/~kasday         mailto:kasday@acm.org

Chair, W3C Web Accessibility Initiative Evaluation and Repair Tools Group
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/

The WAVE web page accessibility evaluation assistant:
http://www.temple.edu/inst_disabilities/piat/wave/