Re: Next meeting monday 1/15/2001

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 20:04:52 -0500 (EST)
To: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
cc: "Leonard R. Kasday" <kasday@acm.org>, <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>
As someone who lives in a monarchy, I am rather fond of EARL. Besides, it
reminds me that I should try to talk to someone of that name.

I am sure there are other interpretations of any acronym we come up with. It
doesn't matter much I don't think, so long as we provide an expanded form for
each reference (e.g. once in an email message, in title attribute of HTML
abbr/acronym element, as an HTML ruby, as the reference if we use a
semantic-web technique for defining acronyms...) that we make to it. In
accordance with WCAG <grin>

Cheers

Charles McCN

On Sat, 13 Jan 2001, William Loughborough wrote:

  At 09:50 AM 1/13/01 -0500, Leonard R. Kasday wrote:
  >decide whether to keep the name "Evaluation Description Language" (EDL)

  My handy acronym lister has several entries, some of which are sort of
  evocative of what this is:

  EDL is an acronym for:
         Edit Decision List [not too far a reach]
         Electronic Delay Line [let's avoid this!]
         End Degrading Link [a noble goal]
         Equipment Deficiency Logs [very close!]

  --
  Love.
                   ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE

until 6 January 2001 at:
W3C INRIA, 2004 Route des Lucioles, BP 93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France