Re: ACTION ITEM: Things that can be recognized in scripting language for vieport control (fwd)

From: Leonard R. Kasday <kasday@acm.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 09:00:12 -0500
To: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org
The new US 508 rules have a new requirement: that information written to
the screen by javascript be accessible to a screenreader. To avoid
crossposting, I wrote the details to WCAG.  You can see them at

Please continue the thread there until it gets to the point we have
something to test.  Then we'll bring it back here.  After we figure out a
technique we'll send it over to AU where they're documenting the
techniques.  And then we'll point into the AU document with EARL/EDL.  AU
may in turn want to reference that feature of EARL.  Ah, process.

Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP and Dept. of Electrical Engineering at Temple
(215) 204-2247 (voice)                 (800) 750-7428 (TTY)
http://astro.temple.edu/~kasday         mailto:kasday@acm.org

Chair, W3C Web Accessibility Initiative Evaluation and Repair Tools Group

The WAVE web page accessibility evaluation assistant: