Re: ACTION ITEM: Things that can be recognized in scripting language for vieport control (fwd)

From: Leonard R. Kasday <kasday@acm.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 09:00:12 -0500
To: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org
The new US 508 rules have a new requirement: that information written to
the screen by javascript be accessible to a screenreader. To avoid
crossposting, I wrote the details to WCAG.  You can see them at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2001JanMar/0212.html

Please continue the thread there until it gets to the point we have
something to test.  Then we'll bring it back here.  After we figure out a
technique we'll send it over to AU where they're documenting the
techniques.  And then we'll point into the AU document with EARL/EDL.  AU
may in turn want to reference that feature of EARL.  Ah, process.

Len
Institute on Disabilities/UAP and Dept. of Electrical Engineering at Temple
University
(215) 204-2247 (voice)                 (800) 750-7428 (TTY)
http://astro.temple.edu/~kasday         mailto:kasday@acm.org

Chair, W3C Web Accessibility Initiative Evaluation and Repair Tools Group
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/

The WAVE web page accessibility evaluation assistant:
http://www.temple.edu/inst_disabilities/piat/wave/