Re: Authoring tool content distortion

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 16:46:26 -0500 (EST)
To: Harvey Bingham <hbingham@acm.org>
cc: <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>
This would be a specific violation of ATAG chackpoint 1.2 Ensure that the
tool preserves all accessibility information during authoring,
transformations, and conversions. [Priority 1]

http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-ATAG10-20000203/atag10.html#check-leave-access-content

I realise this isn't proof against it, but Tool developers should be aware of
this anyway. It is a major concern in marketing terms too - most Tools now
have been designed to provide clean round-trip of source.

For a tool that doesn't support EARL the assertions may no longer be relevant
- this is why we wanted to have a way of saying that assertions are about a
particular version of a document (via a checksum or something).

Charles