Re: RDF/N3 processing tools

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 23:05:13 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>
Cc: "Leonard R. Kasday" <kasday@acm.org>
> Is there more info on the neat CWM processing tool you found & used
> to perform logical operations on N3 scribblized versions of RDF?

Only what's at SWAP and the N3 stuff:-

     http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Notation3
     http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/Primer

And the test area:-

     http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/test/

(most of which is 403'd) or some of my examples listed on the CWM
interface.

> http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/log.n3 gives a "not found".

That's the namespace... the Schema is at:-

     http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/logic.n3

I think that was an error of behalf of TimBL. All he needs to do is copy
one to the other, but there you go. He writes:-

[[[
The prefix are in the namespace <http://www.w3.org/2000/10/logic.n3#>.
Check the schema for the low-down - here are some highlights
[...]
log:implies
This implication links two formulae@@. The cwm engine recognises implies as
a primitive, and will, when asked to process a rule file, look for any top
level implication and find all matches in the store with the left hand
side, generating the corresponding conclusion in each case.
]]] - http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Notation3

Which explains it a little bit. It just mateches rules that it finds in any
RDF input you give it. IOW, it stores it all, and then looks for patterns
and groks them.

[ :name "Sean B. Palmer" ] :hasHomepage <http://infomesh.net/sbp/> .