Re: EARL Syntax and Vocabulary

From: Leonard R. Kasday <kasday@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 09:49:57 -0500
To: danbri@w3.org
Cc: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org
Dan, re your analogy to what we're trying to do with comments:

 > FWIW I have been using http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/made to relate a
 > to any http://purl.org/rss/1.0/channel that they created. Is that a
similar idiom to what you're after?

It sounds closely related in that :

- two different people can associate two different channels with the same
web page  (i.e. the web page is seen in two different channels));

- and two different people can associate two different comments with the
same web page;

- and in both these cases there is no conflict

(of course, "associate" means different things in these two cases; a web
page is broadcast through a channel, and a comment is applied to a web page).

So I'd like to see how you notated that.  But when I look at
http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1  I don't see any definition for "made"  (I just
pointed my browser there and did a "view source" to see the rdf).  So I'm
kinda guessing at what you had in mind. Could you point to some more
details?   Thanks!

Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP and Dept. of Electrical Engineering at Temple
(215) 204-2247 (voice)                 (800) 750-7428 (TTY)
http://astro.temple.edu/~kasday         mailto:kasday@acm.org

Chair, W3C Web Accessibility Initiative Evaluation and Repair Tools Group

The WAVE web page accessibility evaluation assistant: