Re: EARL Syntax and Vocabulary

From: Leonard R. Kasday <kasday@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 09:49:57 -0500
To: danbri@w3.org
Cc: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org
Dan, re your analogy to what we're trying to do with comments:

http://xmlns.com/wordnet/1.6/Person
 > to any http://purl.org/rss/1.0/channel that they created. Is that a
similar idiom to what you're after?

It sounds closely related in that :

- two different people can associate two different channels with the same
web page  (i.e. the web page is seen in two different channels));

- and two different people can associate two different comments with the
same web page;

- and in both these cases there is no conflict

(of course, "associate" means different things in these two cases; a web
page is broadcast through a channel, and a comment is applied to a web page).

So I'd like to see how you notated that.  But when I look at
http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1  I don't see any definition for "made"  (I just
pointed my browser there and did a "view source" to see the rdf).  So I'm
kinda guessing at what you had in mind. Could you point to some more
details?   Thanks!

Len
Institute on Disabilities/UAP and Dept. of Electrical Engineering at Temple
University
(215) 204-2247 (voice)                 (800) 750-7428 (TTY)
http://astro.temple.edu/~kasday         mailto:kasday@acm.org

Chair, W3C Web Accessibility Initiative Evaluation and Repair Tools Group
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/

The WAVE web page accessibility evaluation assistant:
http://www.temple.edu/inst_disabilities/piat/wave/