Re: A Crack at an EARL Vocabulary

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 21:59:36 -0500 (EST)
To: "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@mysterylights.com>
cc: <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>, "Leonard R. Kasday" <kasday@acm.org>
On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Sean B. Palmer wrote:

  >From terms used by Daniel [1] and Len [2], I have melded them together to
  form (another) seminal EARL vocabulary:-

  earl:asserts (x asserts y)
CMN Use DC:author

  earl:comment (x comments that y)
CMN how is this different from earl:detail ?

  earl:confidence (x is asserted to a confidence level of y)
  earl:detail (x has a fuller assertion y)
  earl:domain (x has the root domain y)
CMN What does this mean? (i.e. why is it useful?)
  earl:testpage (x has test page y, or x is an earl:testpage)
  earl:langtype (x is of langtype y [e.g. x earl:langtype "XHTML"])
  earl:mode (x has a test mode of y)
  earl:person (x is an earl:person [@@ rdf:type discrepancies])
Why do we need to know that something is a person, unless it is something
that is either "person or tool"?

  earl:result (x has the result y)
  earl:status (x has the status y)
Why is result differnt from status. Use case?
  earl:tool (x is an earl:tool)

Cheers

Charles

  [1] These are the terms that Daniel invented, sans explanation. I have
  added some alternatives in [brackets].

  edl:TestId [use rdf:ID]
  edl:TestResult
  edl:TestConfidence
  edl:TestMode
  edl:TestProgram
  edl:TestPerson
  edl:TestDetail
  edl:TestComment

  [2] These are the terms that Len recently used in the N3 EARL example, with
  annotations.

  e:domain
  e:homepage
  e:type [use rdf:type]
  e:human
  e:name [use foaf:name]
  e:tool
  e:uri [use rdf:resource]
  e:partOf [use daml:intersectionOf???]
  e:says
  e:altStatus

  Note that there are some equivalences between [1] and [2]. For example,
  edl:TestProgram = e:tool, and edl:TestPerson = e:human.

  [ :name "Sean B. Palmer" ] :hasHomepage <http://infomesh.net/sbp/> .