statement about a statement

From: Leonard R. Kasday <kasday@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 17:31:09 -0500
To: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org
I'm experimenting with statements about statements, and I believe this is
the way to say

according the the wave tool
http://x.y/foo.gif has the property "alt_status"  equal to the value "missing".

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!-- the alt_status of "image" is missing
      call this "statement_1" by setting bagID="statement_1"

<rdf:Description about="http://x.y/foo.gif" bagID="statement_1">
     <e:alt_status> missing  </e:alt_status>

<!-- statement_1 was detected with the Wave tool -->

<rdf:Description aboutEach="#statement_1" >
         <e:toolUsed> e:wave </e:toolUsed>

Note that "toolUsed"   is not a property of the image.  It's a property of
the statement _ABOUT_  the image.

I ran this through SiRPAC but I'm pretty sure I hit a bug in
SiRPAC.  SiRPAC generates id's., and there's an id in the diagram that
isn't in the set of triples, and visa versa.  If I set them equal the
diagram make sense.  If I leave them as they are, the digram doesn't match
what I was trying to say.

Also, when the set of triples is even more verbose than the RDF.  We need
to use more of a shorthand to help the discussion along.
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP and Dept. of Electrical Engineering at Temple
(215) 204-2247 (voice)                 (800) 750-7428 (TTY)
http://astro.temple.edu/~kasday         mailto:kasday@acm.org

Chair, W3C Web Accessibility Initiative Evaluation and Repair Tools Group

The WAVE web page accessibility evaluation assistant: