Re: Identification Problem [was: Re: Suggested EARL Changes]

On Sun, 9 Dec 2001, Jim Ley wrote:

>  "Sean B. Palmer":
> >
> > A resource is a thread; it has a number of entities
> > corresponsing to it over time.
>
> Certainly, although I don't see how we, when we're external to the
> resource, can know enough to state that some resource is newer version of
> the old.

This is an assertion.

In the context of what I'm doing, the webmaster asserts "this update
deals with that problem report" (may be more than one; may iterate,
etc).

But I'd like something a bit more specific than *just* an assertion.
A formalism for expressing this relationship.  Threading would indeed
meet this need.

--
Nick Kew

Site Valet - the essential service for anyone with a website.
<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>