Re: EARL at XML Hack

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 05:50:14 -0700
To: dd@w3.org, "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@mysterylights.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org
At 06:47 AM 4/28/01 +0200, Daniel Dardailler wrote:
>Bill, it does mention accessiblity.

What I meant was that it didn't deal with "Accessibility" in the WAI sense.
My goal is to emphasize all our activities as "accessibility" with a lower
case "a" and the *feel* of her report is in that direction rather than the
eternal message that we're about helping out some *other* set of people who
are categorizable by their "disability". We are all members of one another
and *every one of us* is significantly "disabled" until we can play/compose
as well as Mozart, etc. We are all in this together until the gamma ray
burster (or a big comet) hits, and "aCCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE".

We've got to get over the idea that just because our society still
imprisons/sterilizes/murders those who differ isn't any reason to pretend
that there's some *they* out there who need *our* help. We're all out there
and we all gain from this help - even something as "trivial" as an
evaluation tool. It's not just for blind guys, it's for QA like the piece says.

Love.