EARL 0.9 RDF Schema

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 04:17:28 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>
Cc: "Daniel Dardailler" <danield@w3.org>, "Terje Bless" <link@tss.no>, "Aaron Swartz" <aswartz@swartzfam.com>
Hi Everyone,

I have completed the RDF Schema for a stable version of EARL 0.9,
along with other associated paraphenalia. See:-

     http://infomesh.net/2001/03/earl/0.9

Everything is linked from there, including the RDF Schema itself in N3
[1] and RDF [2], pictures of the data model in a variety of formats
(e.g. SVG [3]), an ordered version of the schema [4], a deducted
(long) version [5], and some examples.

I've used Daniel's EARL properties from [6], and tried to stay as
faithful to that model as possible, utilizing Aaron's shorthand syntax
for EARL [7].

Note that for the XML Namespace I have used:-

     http://www.w3.org/2001/03/earl/0.9#

If EARL 0.9 proves to be acceptable in its current state, the schema
must be published in whatever format at the NS URL. We'll have to wait
on the SW CG for a comment on just how stable Notation3 is for use in
specifications, although I think at this point the most important
thing is to just get the semantics out there, and worry about messing
about with formats later. As you can see, it is easy to represent the
EARL data model in prose [6], N3 [1], XML RDF [2], and SVG [3] (albeit
with [1] as the default normative schema).

I consider EARL 0.9 to now be stable enough for publication, pending
comments from you all.

[1] http://infomesh.net/2001/03/earl/0.9.n3
[2] http://infomesh.net/2001/03/earl/0.9.rdf
[3] http://infomesh.net/2001/03/earl/earl0.9.svg