Re: mission statement

"conforms to guidelines" is not exactly defined: what is defined is
conforming to particular compliance levels, A, double A, triple A, or
checkpoints.

How about adding word "checkpoints" so it reads like this:

The mission of the Evaluation and Repair Tools Working Group (ER WG) is:
to make it easier for Web content developers to determine if Web content
conforms to checkpoints in the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0,
to make it easier for Web content developers to repair Web content that
does not meet WCAG checkpoints.

This more obviously includes tools that focus on a subset of the
checkpoints rather than the whole guidelines, e.g. tablin.

Len

--
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP and Dept. of Electrical Engineering at Temple

Chair, W3C Web Accessibility Initiative Evaluation and Repair Tools Group
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/

The WAVE web page accessibility evaluation assistant:
http://www.temple.edu/inst_disabilities/piat/wave/