RE: OPTGROUP: 12.3.1

Tantek,
The user agent working group is also interested in the implementation of
longdesc for the UA implementation report.  Could you please copy me in
your response.

Thanks,
Jon

Since IE5/Mac supports HTML 4 completely, could you describe to me how it
>supports the LONGDESC attribute? It wasn't obvious to me - I was thinking it
>might appear as an option in the context menu for the image ("View
>description" that would pop up a small window, more than a tooltip but less
>than a full browser window). I'd love to see a graphical browser that
>supports that, I think the LONGDESC attribute could provide major benefits
>to users who can see images but need a supplementary description (beyond ALT
>text) to understand it. This comes of course from my perspective working in
>an educational organization.
>
>Michael

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
MC-574
College of Applied Life Studies
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu

WWW: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund