Re: Font size

Hi Len,

Most times after installing a browser on my PC I see that the default
font size is to 10. The only things I do is set it to 12 and select
Arial Rounded MT Bold (my prefered font style in Netscape) and Arial in
Internet Explorer.
I always overide that font settings of web pages. So if on a web page a
very large font is set, it does mostly not have any effect on me.
But I understand what you mean. Note that I say mostly. If I go to
http://www.magnifiers.com I get very large text unless I selected Always
use my own font settings in Netscape?
The only way to read the text there is turning off my screen magnifier.
There are major difference between sight impaired. People like me with
less than 10% of vision need larger fonts plus screen magnification.
People with 50 to 80% of vision have enough with a larger font 10 or 12.
The question I think is not what is the best default font size (if it is
10 now I think there is no realy need to change it), but why web
designer decrease the font size and if I don't use their font size, but
my own I get problems because  text is outside my screen mostly caused
by use of tables and or frames.

Some web designers seems to understand the problem with different
display resolution and font settings and solve this by using text images
instead of text. I must say if they use a good readable font and good
contrast on that text images I not realy have a problem, but the
automatic reading feature of my screen magnifier can not OCR and for
people who set a VERY LARGE font the text images are not readable
anymore.
So I agree with your suggestion with not using text images.

Hope this is an answer to your question.
Regards Peter Verhoeven