Re: Checklist

Len,

You made a comment regarding the "fully automatic" evaluation of Alt text:

> For example, you've got all the items under  the ALT text checkpoint 1.1
> marked as "fully automatic", and given the way ERT defines things that
> seems right.
> But it takes a human doing a manual check to check if ALT text is really
> correct so we can't really say that any tool is fully automatic there.

I agree but I took the 'automatic' column to mean automatic according to the
ERT. Perhaps you or Wendy can clarify what the 'automatic' column should
contain?

There are very few checks that can be completed without human intervention
to make sure they are 100% accurate. The detection of BLINK and MARQUEE is
an example that requires no human intervention. But are there any more?

Regarding linearized tables, you asked:

> Also, regarding 5.3, checking if layout tables make sense when linearized,
> which is classified as semi automatic.  How is A-Prompt handling that
> now?  E.g. does it linearize the table for the user so they can check it?

Yes, we are displaying the table in a linearized form - one cell at a time.
We then ask the user if it makes sense when displayed that way.

I'm going to get a new version of the program available for demo by Monday
(this time for sure) and look forward to your comments.

Chris