Re: Request for Review

aargh!

Oh hang on. Maybe having taken out a basic font definition will have changed
that. (the size of the navbar area is specified in em units, according to
WCAG). But the font-size was originally set (at 9 point - whoops).

Do you mean is it possible to use table-based layout (yes, but I am very keen
to avoid it)?

Charles McCN

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Leonard R. Kasday wrote:

    > We would really like to know about
   > the accesibility of the templates,

  As for the accessibility of the template...

  http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/WD-ATAG10-TECHS-20000308/templates/cmnMain

  Unfortunately, it's actually less accessible than the table version, at
  least with Netscape 4.7.

  That's because when you increase the font size (e.g. in NN 4.7
  with  control - right square bracket) the text from the left and right
  regions overlap each other, making reading difficult or impossible.

  On the other hand, with a table version, the text wraps in each region so
  it stays readable up to larger font magnification.  At larger
  magnification, when there's no more word boundaries to wrap on,  the table
  expands so that you can still read it by scrolling horizontally.

  So for people with low vision, it's not as good as a table.

  Is it possible to add the table features to the example, at least in
  principle?  Also, what's the state of how they're supported?

  Len