WAVE feedback: case-sensitive file names in URLs

From: Harvey Bingham <hbingham@acm.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 19:22:08 -0500
To: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org

>3. Any feedback on The Wave Evaluation Tool

     http://www.temple.edu/inst_disabilities/piat/wave/

Explain the reason for the two lines: URL, then the "translated to"?
Seems to be related to file naming case changes

For URLs on my site, the values were the same when I had gone to the pain
of file renaming to all lower-case for my ISP's unix system. When I use
the Microsoft "feature" of behind-my-back forcing mixed-case file names,
(such as done by powerpoint and others) that messes up many things,
particularly links in tools where case becomes sensitive.

Regards/Harvey Bingham