Re: Conformance Evaluation

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 01:36:29 -0700
To: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org
LK:: "Or does the W3C take on the role of evaluating tools?"

WL: I can't speak for W3C but I think the idea of us evaluating tools
vs. reporting on individual's experience with them is out of bounds. I
assume that by evaluation you mean some sort of "Good Websiting Seal of
Approval"? This is a monumental task and subject to all kinds of
litigative possibilities, bribery (maybe it's not that bad - any
openings for an "objective" evaluator) - on the whole probably
unthinkable.

I get uncomfortable just talking about it!

--
Love.
            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE