Re: Technique 6.3.1 [priority 1] Verify that the page is usable when programmatic objects are disabled.

Sometimes you need more than a text equivalent to make a page usable with
programmatic objects are disabled.

For example, if a form uses a button that triggers javascript, then when
you turn off javascript you will need to have a SUBMIT button instead.

This often comes up when the javasrcript is used to verify the
fields.  This means then when you replace it with the submit button, that
field verification has to be moved to the server, e.g. to a CGI
script  (this is something a good programmer would want to do anyway).   So
the user really has to check server functionality here.

(In principle, we'd want the tool to check the server code, probably by
black box testing.  If we don't get into that now, perhaps we should add a
section to point out explicity that we're not getting into this.

Len

--
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and

kasday@acm.org
http://astro.temple.edu/~kasday

(215) 204-2247 (voice)  (800) 750-7428 (TTY)

The WAVE web page accessibility evaluation assistant:
http://www.temple.edu/inst_disabilities/piat/wave/