Re: request for intergroup coordination

Jon Gunderson wrote:

> Response in JRG:

> >The WCA and UA working groups met in joint session earlier and decided "use
> >the MAP element, and not a reserved CLASS value, to group the 'groups of
> >related links' discussed in WCAG Checkpoint 13.6.
> >
> >There appears to be some divergence of opinion as to whether that meeting
> >identified special UA processing for these MAP elements as opposed to other
> >major structural elements or not.  WCA and UA could clarify on this point.
>
> JRG: The UA group has not been as a group particularly interested in having
> a separate checkpoint(s) for access to markup that is used to indicate
> navigational links.  But that was before we have been working on the
> minimal requirements for each checkpoint.  It maybe of some interest in UA
> to discuss this again.  But I hesitate do to the current number of open
> issues the group is trying to resolve.

I don't think we should have an explicit requirement for handling MAP.
I think that the HTML spec should include suggested user agent
capabilities
to handle this, rather than putting these requirements in the UA
Guidelines.

 - Ian

Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783