Checkpoint 13.1

From: Leonard R. Kasday <kasday@acm.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 18:33:47 -0500
To: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org
RE

>A and AREA elements that have a HREF attribute should also have a HREFLANG
>attribute. Valid values must be in the IANA registry (we have info about
>that somewhere else).

Good idea, but I don't think it's a accessibility issue, since it affects
disabled people same as non-disabled people. Could be good for Bobby tho
because Bobby has philosphy of going beyond accessibility.

I'd suggest though that it be required only if the HREFLANG is different
than the language of the current doc.

In any case, as far as accessibilty is concerned, it's a WCAG issue.

Len
-------
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and
Department of Electrical Engineering
Temple University
423 Ritter Annex, Philadelphia, PA 19122

kasday@acm.org
http://astro.temple.edu/~kasday

(215) 204-2247 (voice)
(800) 750-7428 (TTY)