Re: null alt-text, spacers, etc. etc.

From: Karl Ove Hufthammer <huftis@bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 19:19:13 +0100
To: <love26@gorge.net>, <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>
----- Original Message -----
From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
To: <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2000 4:18 PM
Subject: Re: null alt-text, spacers, etc. etc.

> BP:: "I would love to see some consensus on these points."

Well, alt-text isn't just used in text-only browsers, but also graphical
browsers (e.g. Opera) with images turned off. There, _bullet_ or
_horizontal rule_ would look really strange.

Anyway, with bullets or horizontal rules, UL and HR *should* be used
(stylesheets can be used to style these).

I would also recommend reading Alan Flavell's very good page about
alt-texts <URL: http://ppewww.ph.gla.ac.uk/%7Eflavell/alt/alt-text.html

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer