Re: Font vs. Style sheets

From: Leonard R. Kasday <kasday@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 12:29:55 -0500
To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Cc: "wai-wcag-editor@w3.org" <wai-wcag-editor@w3.org>, w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org

Thanks for pointing that out.  That's an even stronger reason to go with
style, stronger than what I discovered about netscape navigator.. that even
the 4.7 version doesn't allow complete override--even to the extent implied
by their edit preferences.  So I withdraw my suggestion that font be
allowed inside structural elements.

At 11:40 AM 2/24/00 -0500, Ian Jacobs wrote:
>However, for the case you site, no specification ensures that users
>can override the font. Browsers may do this, but the HTML spec does
>not require or guarantee this.

Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and
Department of Electrical Engineering
Temple University
423 Ritter Annex, Philadelphia, PA 19122

(215) 204-2247 (voice)
(800) 750-7428 (TTY)