Wave: use by blind users [was New Accessibility Tool (The Wave) is now running

Re  Chaas's remark
quote

If I can't see the images I can still try to assess accessibility, but it
might make sense to strip the original alt value for readability.
end quote.

This raises the more general issue of how to make the Wave useful to a
person who's blind.

Right now, the point of the Wave is to help a person more easily compare
the visual information with what's available to speech and Braille.  This
is obviously not useful to a blind individual regardless of whether I
supress the original ALT text.

So what features does a tool need to help a blind user access accessibility?

And what features would help a blind a sighted person work collaboratively?

I was thinking of optionally adding identifying numbers to e.g. each image,
so that a blind and sighted team could talk about "image 17" for example.

And for this use, yes, I'd want to supress the ALT text of the original.

On the other hand, if I always strip the ALT, then the sighted newbie who's
used to seeing a tooltip tag come up, wouldn't see it anymore and may get
puzzled.

Len

-------