replaced the phrase "complex images" (technique 1.1.2)

From: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 13:16:23 -0500
To: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org
On the 14 February telecon we discussed how to decide when an image needs a
longdesc.  previously we said when an image was "complex."  in the call I
read some excerpts from the National Braille Association's Tape Recording
Manual.  We decided to incorporate those ideas to replace the phrase
"complex image."

This is my proposal:
IMG element should have a valid LONGDESC attribute and a descriptive link
if describing the image will add information not given in the text of the
page. The amount of information in the image will determine how detailed
the description should be.

--wendy
--
wendy a chisholm