Re: MIME types

From: Gregory J. Rosmaita <unagi69@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 12:26:10 -0500
To: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Cc: Evaluation & Repair Interest Group <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>
aloha, wendy!

you wrote, quote:
We had assumed that we could identify which OBJECT elements included
programmatic objects by looking at the "type" or "codetype"
attribute.  However, there is not a type defined for Java or Flash in the
current list of MIME types [2]. I had expected to find a subcategory of
application for Java and flash.

don't mime types need to be registered via IANA

there is an online MIME type registration form located at:

but i seriously doubt if we could register Flash and ECMAScript
unilaterally...  obviously, macromedia needs to be prodded to register
flash and shockwave, and something needs to be done about
JavaScript/ECMASript, too...  if so, would the HTML WG/CG be the
appropriate persons to liaison?

He that lives on Hope, dies farting
      -- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1763
Gregory J. Rosmaita <unagi69@concentric.net>
    WebMaster and Minister of Propaganda, VICUG NYC