Technique 1.1.7 [priority 1] Verify that text equivalents are provided for audio files where necessary

From: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 17:57:03 -0500
To: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org
As i was going through Len's comments, I realized that I had messed up this
technique in editing it. Here's another go:
Technique 1.1.7 [priority 1] Verify that  text equivalents are provided for
audio files where necessary
Discussion Status:
awaiting discussion
Evaluation:
If the "href" attribute of an A element is a sound file then ask the user
if there is an existing text transcript file.
Check that OBJECT elements of type="<audio or video MIME types>" have an
associated text equivalent either within their content or an internal or
adjacent link.
Example of a message to be displayed:
Audio files require an associated text transcript file. Is there an
associated text file for this audio file: [audio file name]?
Repair Technique:
Prompt user for text transcript of audio file.
Test Files and Discussion Files:
Link to test files for this technique.
--
wendy a chisholm