Re: Accessibility vs. consideration X: how to handle

Nick and all...

Sorry, I sent this to the wrong list.  Please pursue on the guideline list,
w3c-wai-gl@w3.org where I'm posting a (slightly edited) version...

I just want to make a brief reply to what Nick said though. I definitely do
want to take consideration X seriously.  That's what I was trying to
say.  The question has to do with the process we're following in the
guideline group.  Some people have objected to accessibility guidelines
because some authors will object some of the time. I'm trying to say that
we don't throw out the guideline just because there are objections in some
circumstances.  The question is what process we follow in the guidelines
group to address considerations X.  Right now it's kind of ad hoc.  Anyway,
I'm continuing this in the guidelines list.

Len

--
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP and Dept. of Electrical Engineering at Temple

Chair, W3C Web Accessibility Initiative Evaluation and Repair Tools Group
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/

The WAVE web page accessibility evaluation assistant:
http://www.temple.edu/inst_disabilities/piat/wave/