Telecommunication as part of the overall ER/PF F2F transaction

Addressing note:

While I have copied the two working group lists here, to make sure that all
members have the same access, please delete the lists from replies indicating
your individual contact information.  This is good for privacy as well as
mailbox flood avoidance.  Replies with contact information such as I requested
below should go to Len, Daniel, Wendy, Charles and me, ideally.

During:

IRC:  Yes, W3C has a server.  I would be dependent on staff skills to get a
channel set up.  If one of the staff people can set up a channel for us, and
the person taking notes is comfortable doing this into an IRC client, we can
enable monitoring of what is ongoing in the meeting by IRC.  This is how the
cross-working-group caucuses [nominally meetings of the chairs of all W3C
groups] operate.  For example, Sean and Love could be monitoring the IRC
channel and indicate by IRC that they wish to say something, at which point
they would either text their comment into IRC or we would call on them by
phone.

Phone:

Sean, please give us detailed contact information on the following hypotheses:

1) you call us. (limited availability because of business demand for the
line).
2) we call you. (is there another line?  what would your availability be
there?  I can't promise two day's worth of we-call-you phone time right off
hand.  But we might work something out.  There is precedent for W3C _not_
doing
certain forms of teleconference, but there is also precedent for accepting
lots
of donations from e.g. meeting sponsors.)
3) [no response necessary if true]  I am assuming from your remarks that IRC
works for you; that you have a client and familiarity with its use sufficient
to follow the IRC chat by IRC.  In the Chairs meeting we also dump the IRC log
to the Web for those not accustomed to using IRC.

William, others:

Please provide information as above if you wish phone or IRC access (or the
IRC
log on the Web).

After:

The minimum capability is that people do have a record of the meeting that can
be read afterwards.  I would be interested to collect names of people who
would
like to participate in the following protocol:  After you have read the
minutes, you can have a one-on-one phone call with someone who was at the
meeting.  This one-on-one must be documented to the appropriate working group
list(s) in a summary Q&A format.  This will allow the group as a whole to
discuss and adjust interpretations of what happened in the meeting that are
controversial.  In other words, if you wish access to a one-on-one explanation
of confusing points in the meeting record, please so indicate and I will
try to
get action items assigned for people among the attendees to talk to people
among the absentees.

Al