Re: Making class more accessible

From: Leonard R. Kasday <kasday@acm.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 16:37:23 -0400
To: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org, w3c-wai-pf@w3.org, w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org
Kynn asked

quote
Actually, as I understand the proposal, it's actually a proposal
to make CSS more accessible, not just CLASS itself.  Is that
correct?
close quote

Well, I like to think that it's class that's being made accessible and CSS
is simply the means used to accomplish that..  Theoretically, class is
independent of CSS... HTML 4.01 says that user agents can utilize class in
other  ways (tho it doesn't specify them)  And other means could be used to
make the class accessible, like the RDF I described (tho I favor using class).

Len
Institute on Disabilities/UAP and Dept. of Electrical Engineering at Temple
University
(215) 204-2247 (voice)                 (800) 750-7428 (TTY)
http://astro.temple.edu/~kasday         mailto:kasday@acm.org

The WAVE web page accessibility evaluation assistant:
http://www.temple.edu/inst_disabilities/piat/wave/