Amsterdam reservations

From: Leonard R. Kasday <kasday@acm.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 11:01:46 -0400
To: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org
Just in case anyone is still scrambling for reservations in amsterdam for
our face to face, here are some more hints:

It seems best to call places in amsterdam directly.  There are discount
rates available... $0.125/min in the US from http://www.bigzoo.com

The central reservations number for amsterdam is +31 777 000 888  (in the
use you put 011 before the +)
They are open till 4 PM amsterdam time.  So call a lot earlier than that. I
didn't get through when I tried.

What did work was to find a list of bread and breakfasts, e.g. at
www.bedandbreakfast.com and call the ones listed.  If they don't have
vacancies, ask for another recommendation.  Eventually I got to a place
with a vacancy (maybe because they didn't have a web site).

Also, I was told that Duivendrecht is a 10 min tram ride from Amsterdam so
you can try there also.

Len
Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and
Department of Electrical Engineering
Temple University
423 Ritter Annex, Philadelphia, PA 19122

kasday@acm.org
http://astro.temple.edu/~kasday

(215) 204-2247 (voice)
(800) 750-7428 (TTY)