Re: WAVE

From: Leonard R. Kasday <kasday@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 17:31:30 -0400
To: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>, w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org
Opera does indeed give a much better a pure text look than WAVE, and the
toggling is very sweet.  Do you think I should add a mode to WAVE that
toggles the images?

BTW, when you're running WAVE you can also look at the ALT tags for image
maps areas... I don't think opera shows them, or at least I haven't been
able to figure it out.

Len

At 02:26 PM 4/6/00 -0400, Wendy A Chisholm wrote:
>FYI The process that I usually use to quickly check out pages for
>accessibility is:
>1. Look at the page in Opera w/images off.  Opera easily allows me to
>switch back and forth between viewing images or not.  Also, I use Opera to
>look at use of style sheets (again I can turn this on/off easily), pages
>without scripts (my default setting is to load scripts, but most scripts
>only sniff for Navigator and Explorer, therefore usually break on Opera
>which is always fun to see unless it crashes my machine which is fairly
>often), I don't have any plug-ins loaded for opera.

Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and
Department of Electrical Engineering
Temple University
423 Ritter Annex, Philadelphia, PA 19122

kasday@acm.org
http://astro.temple.edu/~kasday

(215) 204-2247 (voice)
(800) 750-7428 (TTY)