From: Leonard R. Kasday <kasday@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 10:53:50 -0400
To: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org

Have you been using WAVE (
http://www.temple.edu/inst_disabilities/piat/wave/ )?  What features are
most useful? what if any features would you want to see added?

Please don't be shy about telling me about problems or
shortcomings.  (After all, I already have a big list* <grin>).

* list of shortcomings/problems includes

Only shows noframes
If you click on a link in wave output it goes to the raw page, not the wave
processed page
Doesn't handle pages with CSS postioning
Applies only a handful of the 80 ERT techniques... although it's the few
that I think cause the most troubles
Output says "for explanation read the tutorial".  People don't read
tutorials.  I need to include short explanations in page.
Needs more summary data to orient user, e.g. N pictures without ALT text.
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and
Department of Electrical Engineering
Temple University
423 Ritter Annex, Philadelphia, PA 19122

(215) 204-2247 (voice)
(800) 750-7428 (TTY)