Re: comments on wai report tool [was: RE: WAI Domain update, for global, 26 aug 1999]

From: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 14:31:05 +0200
To: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
cc: "Josef Dietl" <jdietl@w3.org>, w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org

> At 06:22 PM 8/26/99 +0200, Josef Dietl wrote:
> >First impression about the reporting tool: It starts with "Step 1" - it
> >probably could be more explicit its own purpose, about the other information
> >requested etc.:
> >
> >when I see a tool like this, I typically take the URL of a friend of mine to
> >try it. At the moment it is not obvious what will happen to him. It is
> >obvious that he will receive email, but it is not obvious what else is going
> >to happen until I am through.
> >
> >The "confirm this report" step could be mentioned up front, and this would
> >clean up all my concerns.

I added a note to that effect on the first page, after:

 Use the "Continue" button to advance to Step 2.
 (Note: step 4 is where the message is sent and it will ask you to
  read it and confirm before doing so)

 [Continue]

> >BTW, the software I was using is not "Microsoft Explorer" but "Microsoft
> >Internet Explorer". If using other people's trademarks, I guess we should
> >both use them correctly and also attribute them where applicable.

Fixed (Michael: you might to fix Bobby too, I'd copied the list of
browsers from your page).

> >What is the plan in case this tool turns out to be frequently abused?

fix it or turn it off I guess.