Re: Schematron, competitors for

Over the last week I have been in meetings with the Grid Forum
<www.gridforum.org> and the Alliance Science Portals Working Group
<www-pablo.cs.uiuc.edu/scienceportals>.

In the process Reagan Moore of SDSC kindly taught me about two similar
projects that may offer more industrial-strenght capability as regards
inspection with the aid of scemata:

  Project Number F0069 July 1st, 1998 - January 1st,2002 THETIS
  http://www.ics.forth.gr/pleiades/THETIS/thetis.html

  NPACI: DICE: Mediation of Information Using XML
  http://www.npaci.edu/DICE/MIX/

There is going to be intensive schema-definition-language negotiation going
on in the Grid Information Services Working Group of the Grid Forum,
hopefully coupled to analysis of application scenarios.  I find these
developments exciting.  I will try to keep people informed on what is
happening here.

Al