repeated links

From: Leonard R. Kasday <kasday@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 10:52:44 -0400
To: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org
Say we have a document, e.g. the AU tools document, that link all instances
of a term to it's definition.  This is no problem for sighted readers I
think, but would it be useful for a repair tool... or ultimately the user
agent... to turn off these repeated links for the benefit of people
scanning the document by tabbing through links?

I don't think this is needed in ERT, since repeating links like that
doesn't violate any WCAG guidelines.  But it could impact the filter doc
that Gregory and I  will be writing.

Len
-------
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and
Department of Electrical Engineering
Temple University

Ritter Hall Annex, Room 423, Philadelphia, PA 19122
kasday@acm.org
(215) 204-2247 (voice)
(800) 750-7428 (TTY)