Re: Accessibility Report Tool

Sounds good, but I'd suggest to reverse order to give the general one first.

alternatively, have one form, with the first field for general comments.  I
think everyone would want to have that opportunity, whether or not they
want to get technical.

Then have two buttons, one that gives user an opportunity to go to the
detailed checklist, and the other that just submits the form.

or, have the technical checklist, but give a link in front of it to skip
that checklist.

Or, have a submit button under the form, plus a not that the user can skip
that button, go to the checklist, and then submit.

This is a case of something that Gregory has talked about, a form with some
simple stuff and less used options.

Len

, then a link that says something like

At 04:13 PM 10/27/99 -0400, Wendy A Chisholm wrote:
>Hi,
>
>If we have two forms (which I'm not opposed to) how will a user decide
>which one they want to use?  I think it will add one more step to the
>process, but if it is does well i don't think it will be a problem.
>
>One possibility:
>
>[] I want to give a technical review of the site.  Note: knowledge of HTML
>and WCAG required.
>[] I want to give general feedback about the site.
>
>I do not know if these are the best ways to say this,but it's a start.
>
>thoughts?
>--wendy
>
>At 11:47 AM 10/27/99 , Gregory J. Rosmaita wrote:
>>aloha, al!
>>
>>if the report form is already too complex for the quote average unquote user
>>who just wants to tell the maintainers of a site quote hey, i can't use your
>>site, because [fill in generalities here] unquote, then perhaps we need 2
>>interfaces -- one for general complaints (i use speech and i can't use your
>>site, or i use lynx and i can't get at your usenet search feature) and an
>>advanced form for those who have more precise technical knowledge and/or a
>>familiarity with WCAG...
>>
>>daniel, i can hear you shuddering at the thought, and so, if the ER-IG can
>>come
>>to some consensus as to what each interface should include slash exclude, i
>>would gladly take responsibility for encoding the form-based front ends for
>>each...
>>
>>gregory.
>>
>>Al Gilman wrote:
>> >This depends on who your intended audience is; who is supposed to use the
>> >form.  On the one hand, it could be for consumers with one beef about a
>> >particular site.  Then the idea could be to put some authoritative and
>> >technically useful information behind the first round of "this site should
>> >be better!"  If that is the target audience, then the present setup is
>> >already too busy, and the form should approximate the QuickTips in
>> complexity.
>> >
>> >Who do you imagine using the report generator form?
>>
>>--------------------------------------------------------
>>He that lives on Hope, dies farting
>>      -- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1763
>>--------------------------------------------------------
>>Gregory J. Rosmaita <unagi69@concentric.net>
>>    WebMaster and Minister of Propaganda, VICUG NYC
>>         <http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/vicug/index.html>

-------
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and
Department of Electrical Engineering
Temple University

Ritter Hall Annex, Room 423, Philadelphia, PA 19122
kasday@acm.org
(215) 204-2247 (voice)
(800) 750-7428 (TTY)